Baby Boy for Jill Scott

Thursday, April 23, 2009
Baby Boy for Celeb Jill Scott

She’s achieved all kinds of success in the realm of music (3 Grammy Awards) and now Jill Scott is getting her chance at parenthood.

The 37-year-old songstress and her fiancé Lil’ John Roberts welcomed Jett Hamilton Roberts on Monday at 4:20pm. He weighed in at 7 pounds, 8 ounces.


During her pregnancy, Scott revealed how overjoyed she was to be expecting a child, telling press, “I definitely had issues over the course of my life, reproduction issues. I was married for five years and could never conceive a child. Until now ... It’s the most amazing thing that’s ever happened to me.”

Jill also revealed that she discovered her pregnancy just before leaving for Africa to film a project. “At one point I was trying to gain weight for the role, and I noticed I had put on 7 lbs. in 7 days. And I thought, my god! What’s going on here. I thought something was wrong with me, and I found out I was pregnant the day I was supposed to leave for Africa.”

She continued, “The first trimester I spent in Botswana. That was one of the biggest challenges of my life. First trimester! You’re sick every morning. It was seven hours time difference, the heat, the bugs, the 14 hour days.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment