Angie Harmon Has Miss California’s Back

Thursday, April 23, 2009
Celebrity Angie Harmon Has Miss California’s Back

Enjoying a fun-filled night out on the town, the lovely Angie Harmon was spotted grabbing a late dinner at Nobu with husband Jason Sehorn on Tuesday night (April 21).

The cute couple hit the popular eatery after stops at the Malibu Lumber Yard Grand Opening and a Pamela Fioris Book Signing event.

While out and about, Angie took a moment to talk with press about the drama surrounding Miss California’s gay marriage question at the Miss USA pageant.

Coming to the defense of Carrie Prejean, Angie tells, “If someone is standing up for how they feel and talking about their beliefs, why are we punishing her for that? I just don’t understand how we’ve gotten to a place in America where, if someone doesn’t agree with everyone, then they are punished for it.”

Talking about rumors that Prejean’s answer cost her the crown, Harmon added, “I heard something in the car on the way over here, and it was like, ‘She wasn’t punished,’ but she lost because of it. So she was punished. I find it incredibly disappointing. I mean, that is what she thinks. That’s what she believes. I’m not going to punish anyone for that. I don’t know if she lost because of it, but if she did, I think that is very disappointing. In the Miss USA, she can’t stand up for what she thinks or what she believes in? I don’t understand that.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment