Miss California Launches Marriage Protection Campaig

Saturday, May 2, 2009
Most Wanted Scandal Girl - Miss California Launches Marriage Protection Campaig

She may have lost the Miss USA crown because of her position on gay marriage, and now Miss California Carrie Prejean is taking her stance on the controversial issue a step further.

During her interview on the “Today” show, Prejean announced that she’s partnering with the National Organization for Marriage to protect the sanctity of traditional marriage values.

She explained, “I am just here to protect marriage. The National Organization for Marriage basically just respects marriages and people who support it. I am here to protect traditional marriage.”

Carrie also expressed her surprise over the outrage her comments at the pageant caused. “I never thought in a million years that this would be happening right now. I was attacked for giving my own opinion on stage. I am going to do whatever it takes to protect marriage.”

And she says the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive. “I’ve actually had so many supporters and so many people say, ‘Thank you so much. It had to take a beauty pageant contestant to actually stand up for what she believes in.’”

0 comments:

Post a Comment