Christina Applegate Talks Health and Love

Friday, May 1, 2009
Sharp Woman Christina Applegate Talks Health and Love

Opening up for the first time since her reconstructive breast surgery last November, Christina Applegate sat down with People magazine for an interview to discuss the story of her battle with cancer and her boyfriend who helped her get through the tough times, Dutch bass player Martyn Lenoble.

Applegate’s battle with breast cancer has given her a gratifying sense of purpose, and a new lease on life. “I used to be really shy but I started to come into my own in my late 20s and early 30s,” Applegate, 37, stated in her interview. “Now I’m not afraid to speak up in a room full of people and be a part of the conversation.”

The super sexy Samantha Who? star says that she is still searching for balance and embracing her body since undergoing a double mastectomy last July. “You have to get through the physical transformations then buck up, go to work and try to be the normal, happy Christina for everyone around you,” Applegate says.

The main source for strength and inspiration in her life during these tough times has been Lenoble. And even more importantly, he makes her feel beautiful and confident with her new body. “I’m very grateful to Martyn for coming along at a time that he did because he’s been my rock through all of this,” Applegate says. “He gave me something to really want to live for and something to smile about.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment