Celeb Staying in Shape with Denise Richards

Saturday, June 13, 2009
Celebrity Gossip: Celeb Staying in Shape with Denise Richards

Some celebrities are just born with great bodies, while some have to work a little bit harder for them.

Denise Richards wrote in her blog that she gets asked about staying in shape and if her body is just luck, to which she explains, “To be honest, I was blessed with great genes, my father is the same size he was in high school and my sister is very thin.”

But even with great genes comes a little bit of a work, as Denise admitted, “BUT!! That doesn’t keep things firm! I do have to work at that. When my mom passed away I gained 10 lbs, which has never happened except when I was pregnant. I didn’t feel good, was very sad mourning my mom and wasn’t motivated at all. Last summer I started to feel better about her death and needed to pull myself together.”

So what does Denise do to keep her body in shape? She has a pilates machine, an instructor, enjoys walking in her neighborhood and of course – “Dancing With the Stars”.

“After the show, I really wanted to keep it up, I started taking Louis Van Amstel’s cardio ballroom class (he was Lisa Rinna’s partner the season she was on) www.dancingwithlouis.com he is awesome.”

Denise encourages everyone to take a class and start their own routine to stay in shape, even if you cannot afford a trainer.

“For those of you that are curious about me staying in shape and how to get started on a routine, I would say look in your area for some fun dance classes that you can go to, and if you can’t afford a pilates, instructor, maybe look into yoga classes or a pilates mat class,” she writes. “I actually like going to classes as well, the environment really motivates me. I find a strength training class (pilates, yoga) and a cardio class (dance, spinning) are the best combination for my body that combined with eating healthy and you’ll have a bikini body in no time!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment