David Cook Penned a Thanks Msg to all his Fans

Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Celebrity David Cook Penned a Thanks Msg to all his Fans

Taking to his Celebrity MySpace page in the wake of his brother’s passing, David Cook penned a thank you message to all of his supportive fans.

Just one day after Adam Cook, 37, died of brain cancer, his “American Idol” winning sibling writes: “My brother never wanted his illness to affect others. That was evident in the fact that he wanted his illness to have no part in my experience on Idol, a point he was quite adamant about. So, with that wish in mind, I ran and was involved with the event as an homage to him.”


Cook continues, “I want to again thank everyone who donated to the race and continues to donate, sent a kind email, posted thoughts and prayers, called, etc. I take it as affirmation that my brother was the great man that I knew, and whose ideals I constantly try to uphold in myself. It is with those ideals in tow that I vow to continue to speak out in hopes of raising whatever necessary to help eliminate cancer entirely.”

“Thank you to everyone for allowing us, as a family, to grieve and come to terms privately. This event has shown me, beyond doubt, that I have the greatest people in my life, family, friends, and fans alike, and for that, I can never offer enough thanks.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment