Miss California: Thwarted By Gay Marriage Question

Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Hollywood Celebrity Scandals

The competition was fierce over the weekend as ladies from all over America competed for the Miss USA crown. And Miss California, Carrie Prejean, says her answer to the ‘same sex marriage’ question cost her the title.

The 21-year-old hottie was asked her opinion on gay marriage by Perez Hilton, an openly-gay man himself, and her opposition to the idea was a huge blow against her. She stated, “In my country, and in my family, I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman.”

Prejean told press, “It did cost me my crown. I wouldn’t have had it any other way. I said what I feel. I stated an opinion that was true to myself and that’s all I can do. It is a very touchy subject and [Hilton] is a homosexual and I see where he was coming from and I see the audience would’ve wanted me to be more politically correct.”

Hilton says he was “shocked and incredibly frustrated and disappointed” with Prejean’s answer. “That’s not the kind of woman I want to be Miss USA. Miss USA should represent all Americans and, with her answer, she instantly alienated millions of gays and lesbians and their friends.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment