David Cook’s Brother Passes Away From Cancer

Monday, May 4, 2009
Sad Gossip: David Cook’s Brother Passes Away From Cancer

It’s been a whirlwind year for David Cook since winning last season’s “American Idol.” And on a very sad note, his brother passed away over the weekend.

Adam Cook battled cancer for over a decade and finally succumbed to the disease on Saturday. The very next day, the “Light On” singer was at the 12th Annual Race For Hope 5K in Washington DC to announce the news.

Cook told the crowd, “I actually lost my brother yesterday to a brain tumor, and I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else right now.”

David served as grand marshal of the event and also ran with a team that raised just shy of $100,000 for brain cancer research. He said, “I don’t run normally, but it seems a small sacrifice compared to what those who have fought cancer have endured. And the fact that my fans have rallied to raise so much in donations is the biggest compliment.”

Simon Cowell offered his condolences, saying, “I was incredibly saddened to hear the news. I met Adam Cook a few times at American Idol. He was an incredible guy, and right now my thoughts are with David and his family.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment