Celeb Jay Leno Says Goodbye to the “Tonight Show”

Sunday, May 31, 2009
Celebrity Gossip: Celeb Jay Leno Says Goodbye to the “Tonight Show”

He’s been making people laugh as the host of “The Tonight Show” since 1992, and last night (May 29) Jay Leno bid his late-night gig farewell.

Keeping the crowd in stitches, Leno mused, “When we started this show, my hair was black and the president was white. When we started the show, Jon and Kate were both eight.”

He also joked about the lack of love he received from the network. “NBC has been nothing but great. [President and CEO of NBC Universal] Jeff Zucker said for $40, I can purchase the robe that’s hanging in my dressing room.”

What’s next for Mr. Leno? “I’m going to be going to a secluded spot where no one can find me – NBC prime time.” His new hour-long comedy show will premiere on NBC this fall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment