Bea Arthur Passes Away

Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Entertainment Queen Bea Arthur Passes Away

She had a long and successful career in the entertainment industry and early Saturday morning (April 25) Bea Arthur passed away.

At 86 years old, the “Golden Girls” actress reportedly lost her battle with cancer. Her spokesman/assistant Dan Watt told press, “She was a brilliant and witty woman. Bea will always have a special place in my heart.”

“Golden Girls” costar Rue McClanahan also sang Bea’s praises. “[Thirty-seven] years ago she showed me how to be very brave in playing comedy. I’ll miss that courage. And I’ll miss that voice.”

Betty White added, “I knew it would hurt, I just didn’t know it would hurt this much. I’m so happy that she received her Lifetime Achievement Award while she was still with us, so she could appreciate that. She was such a big part of my life.”

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend sent me this link, it contains some of Bea Arthur's last interview.
I saw you on the tribute site and I thought you might like it.

We need to find out how to contact Merv Griffin Productions and see if entire interview will be aired.
I'd hate for an full interview with Bea our these other legends to go unseen.

All the best,
Stephen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqTi7rsk3GY

Post a Comment